Fuse’s favourite things about the Super Bowl 2021 – Entertainment Edition
1. On the back of Uber Eats bringing Wayne’s World in for their spot, the track ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, which featured in the original film, saw a huge SCHWING on Google Trends in the US. Queen further benefited globally from the nostalgia effect as their Spotify followers increased by 100K+ in the days following news of the ad.
2. Verizon teamed up with Fortnite to bring the Raymond James Stadium to life in the game, uniting fans in a safe way for the Super Bowl. The in-game stadium recreation allowed fans to come together virtually and meet and play with virtual avatar talent like Saquon Barkley, whilst demonstrating the power of 5G technology.
3. Reddit has taken the crown for the shortest ever Super Bowl ad, claiming to have spent their entire marketing budget on their 5 second message: a single static slide which included a dig at Wall Street in relation to the powerful impact a community of Redditors had on recent shorting activity on the company GameStop. It was amongst the most-searched Super Bowl commercials on Google on Sunday.
4. The Weeknd delivered one of the most memorable Pepsi Super Bowl LV Halftime Shows in history – with millions of fans taking to social platforms to engage with his high end show that featured nods towards Daft Punk, a new off pitch covid friendly staging concept, bandaged dancers and energetic performances of his biggest hits.
5. The Weeknd reportedly contributed a whopping 7m USD to the show production which was watched by over 103 million fans globally. His record sales are already up 385% in the past two days. ‘